HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426kid

my clutch?

3 posts in this topic

ok i have a yzf426 o2 its perfect going through the gears i get to 4 tapped out i feels like im tapping the clutch with my fingers but my fingers obviously are on the grips lol but can anyone tell me what this is im thinkin its time for a new clutch any suggestions slipping maybe??????:bonk:

You need to replace 3rd and 4th gears on the mainshaft, and the shift fork that operates them. The locking lugs on the sides of this pair is worn to the point that it is forcing the gears apart, rather than holding them engaged under a load.

You need to replace 3rd and 4th gears on the mainshaft, and the shift fork that operates them. The locking lugs on the sides of this pair is worn to the point that it is forcing the gears apart, rather than holding them engaged under a load.

Bingo :thumbsup: