YZ /WR 250F

I would agree but yamaha claims 215, MXA claims 239. I am guessing Yamaha's number are without fluids and MXA's are with fluid. I was just wondering what anyone else thought. I am sure Yamamha will exagerate but not by 24lbs!!! Or would they....

jlm400,

I'd say yes. Picked one up off a stand this weekend at Washougal. Had at least some fuel in it because they started it. With out a doubt it was heavier than a friend's '97 CR250. In fact, it didn't hardly feel lighter than my '98 YZ4.

Ken

[This message has been edited by Ken (edited 08-04-2000).]

With out a doubt it was heavier than a friend's '97 CR250. In fact, it didn't hardly feel lighter than my '98 YZ4

Yep, that's EXACTLY what I thought when I did the same thing, lift it on and off the stand.

------------------

MotoGreg - The voice of a new millennium

'99 WR400 - 'cause thumpers rule!

'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna trade it for a dope 916)

You can visit my photo album for $1 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Sportbike fans, join us at www.insanespeed.com

Guys,

Stop worrying about these trivial matters. It's going to be lighter than an XR250 and have more HP. My last XR250R barely put out 23.5 HP and tipped the scales at about 250 dry(according to Honda's literature).

The YZ/WR250F's will be a dream in comparison to the XR250R's.

I'm ready to ride when mine hits the floor in February.

------------------

No Brain, No Pain !

Did anyone else get the newest issue of motocross mag. In there they state that the YZ250F has 37 HP and has a wieght of 239 lbs. I am guessing that is with all the fluids in it except maybe gas. What do you guys think? That has got to be with all the flids in it right? Currently the YZ 400F has what....43HP? That is only a 6 HP drop..wow that sounds like a lot of HP out of a 25o 4-stroke. Anyone know what a XR 250 puts out?

Oh yea one more thing. I know many of you are not in the Iowa area and most of you are WR guys not YZF guys. But I just thought I would tell everyone that cares that C and C Cycle in Sheritan Iowa has at least one and I think two of their 4 YZ250F still availiable. That was of a few days ago. If anyone wants the number e-mail me at jlm2084@aol.com

I have been reading manufacturer claims on their bikes for 25+ years. Take it for a grain of salt. Weight and horsepower are always exagerated. I am not saying Yamaha is lying, but EVERY YEAR, their claims are wild...

------------------

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MOAB, boning up on my sheep shearing skills!!

jlm400,

Larson's Cycle, out of Cambridge, Minnesota, ordered 37(?) YZF250's. I have purchased 6 or 7 bikes from these guys over the years and found their prices VERY DIFFICULT to beat. They sell so many damn bikes, they get the big discount from Honda/KTM/Yamaha. They did have quite a few of the new 520 KTM's. They sold them all (surprise).

Larson's is north of Minneapolis, about 45 minutes, up Hwy 65.

------------------

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MOAB, boning up on my sheep shearing skills!!

Strangely enough, 2001 YZ/WR250's are getting little to no interest up here in Canada. My dealer who is the biggest off road guy in Ontario (Machine Racing) has yet to get a deposit on one! He is trying to get me to order a WR250 just to say he has one sold. He has 6 of each coming I think.

I thought Inglis Cycle Center in London was the biggest bike dealer in Ontario.... NO?... I know... who can prove any such thing... There's probably 10 dealers who claim they are the biggest dealer in the US.

...JLM400... They mislead us on HP by taking it at the crank (I'm figuring that's where the 39 is, deduct 12 to 15% for frictional losses, puts it at 33 or 34) under perfect weather conditions (air conditioned dyno rooms), possibly with hand ported or CNC milled head porting on pre-production prototypes (yours will be cast)... Or these are even just computer modeled simulation numbers, like your weather reports.......... They mislead us on weight by using "dry" weight, not the "as you ride it weight".... add a bunch.... 24 pounds? Sure,..easy... the Japs have been doing it for years.... If its a good bike that performs well (beats 125's) and people like they won't hold it against them.... The only thing that gets me is waiting now.... I'm real curious now to see how production bikes run against 125's... The suspense is killing me already... And we have to wait till February?

In response to wondering if Inglis was the biggest, I know Machine sells about 400 new, not including used, off road bikes a year. They deal strictly in off road, not street bikes. I would assume Blackfoot out in BC is the biggest dealer in Canada. That place is HUGE!!

• 2 years later...