foam filter oil help

Any recommendations on a foam air filter oil that won't drip off the filter when exposed to high temperatures? I'm currently using PJ1 on the UNI and squeezed as much as I could out of the filter but I'm still getting the occasional dripping off the foam into the air box. Not a big deal other than while it's resting on the kickstand the oil tends to accumulate in the side panel. There's gotta be a better choice out there.

Any recommendations on a foam air filter oil that won't drip off the filter when exposed to high temperatures? I'm currently using PJ1 on the UNI and squeezed as much as I could out of the filter but I'm still getting the occasional dripping off the foam into the air box. Not a big deal other than while it's resting on the kickstand the oil tends to accumulate in the side panel. There's gotta be a better choice out there.

I always let the oil dry first

I always let the oil dry first

Me too, if I have the time, I hang the filter on a hook with a container under it and let it drip off the excess.

Remember, you want complete saturation, but not dripping oil when your done oiling the filter. Once I know the filter is completely oiled through, I pat any excess oil slightly with a clean towel. I have never have any excess oil issues like you mentioned, and I have been using UNI oil lately. If you are not using a spray on oil, this may help you not to over oil...:thumbsup:

I do sqeeze out some...you kinda have to but, I want as much oil in the filter as it will hold, it is the protection. I use the most sticky, water proof, nasty, hard to clean out oil I could find and for me it is the quart Golden Spectro blue sticky goo. A lot like the Bell Ray in the White quart bottle just a lot thicker and much stringier. If I am in a hurry I have put as much as I can in the filter squeese a little out and not let it dry all the way and it will drip a little out of the side pannel....chain lube:goofy:

I have many UNI air filters for the bike but, they are not always ready, I clean and oil after every big ride or weeken ride.

I do sqeeze out some...you kinda have to but, I want as much oil in the filter as it will hold, it is the protection. I use the most sticky, water proof, nasty, hard to clean out oil I could find and for me it is the quart Golden Spectro blue sticky goo. A lot like the Bell Ray in the White quart bottle just a lot thicker and much stringier. If I am in a hurry I have put as much as I can in the filter squeese a little out and not let it dry all the way and it will drip a little out of the side pannel....chain lube:goofy:

I have many UNI air filters for the bike but, they are not always ready, I clean and oil after every big ride or weeken ride.

thats killin 2 birds with 1 stone(the chain lube)! i like the honda pro oil and cleaner. works well on my pod filter. dont get any drips.