HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
83XR500Rrrr

XR500 forum?

10 posts in this topic

500s with the RFVC design are covered by this forum because it is so similar to the 600/650L. If anything the 650R should be in a different forum.

Hey, is there an XR500 forum? It is like the moderators forgot about us.

Jeff

Yeah, I'll bet they forgot about the XR500 even existing!

check the vintage forum.:thumbsup:

Jeff

The 500 was produced from 79-84. The 600/650 evolved from the 500. These two facts should make the 500 worth its own forum. Certainly these must still be many thousands of 500's still running around out there.

I just purchased a 1980 XT500 that's still tight and running in top form. I need to tap into the accumulated knowldege out there in webworld. How does one go about getting a new forum started?

Joe

500s with the RFVC design are covered by this forum because it is so similar to the 600/650L. If anything the 650R should be in a different forum.

YA! we're the "Red headed step child" here.:p

Jeff

Ahh! The XR500, I had a friend in high school who had one, it was a wheelie machine. He spent more time on the side of the road with the Sheriff:busted: than riding. What a great bike, it was the only bike I ever rode as a kid that scared me.

Feel free to either post in here, or in vintage. Great knowledge in either forum.

Just don't cross post. Thats posting the same thread across multiple forums.

Jeff

Paint your dinosaur green and our mod will be all over that museum piece of shirt.:p:ride: Oh yeah...do that pickle dance!!

Paint your dinosaur green and our mod will be all over that museum piece of shirt.:ride::moon: Oh yeah...do that pickle dance!!

:moon:

Those old XR's are more than welcome in here.:p