the aftermarket........

thinking about getting a used XR650L and building the motor.... my ? is who out there has done this?? ive rode a stock one and theres just not enough there... ive built alot of 4 strokes but never a air cooled 650...

so.. who are the aftermarket parts supplyers for these things?? and whats the max over bore you can go, stroker cranks? best cam or custom grinds you have tryed? valve size? head porting? light high comp. piston? carbs???

ing. box mods?????

i guess what im looking for is the max you can go on these and what were your results.....:worthy:

looking forward to hearing form you guys:thumbsup:

thanx......:ride:

The 650L is already a bored and stroked 600, just with lower compression.

The stock bore is 100mm and the largest pistons I've seen are 103. That will take the 650L out to 683cc. I haven't built a timebomb XR engine, so I'll let someone chime in who has.

thinking about getting a used XR650L and building the motor.... my ? is who out there has done this?? ive rode a stock one and theres just not enough there... ive built alot of 4 strokes but never a air cooled 650...

so.. who are the aftermarket parts supplyers for these things?? and whats the max over bore you can go, stroker cranks? best cam or custom grinds you have tryed? valve size? head porting? light high comp. piston? carbs???

ing. box mods?????

i guess what im looking for is the max you can go on these and what were your results.....:worthy:

looking forward to hearing form you guys:thumbsup:

thanx......:ride:

So many have done everything you could think of with this motor since its early days... and that is a long time ago!... do a search and you will find lots of info...

or just buy an XR650R and forget about it... :p:ride::thumbsup:

i have a 675 bore kit from www.thumperracing.com

and i have a 14-48 sproket and i love it next i need a carb

theres some good info also on a 10.5-1 comp piston and cam upgrade that ive seen a few that have done also, with that and a pumper carb im sure its awesome check that out

thanx for the info...

i checked out thumper racing, nice site....i also like the 660 build with the head porting,cam, etc. i also checked out web cams site, anybody try there

213/202 grind???? XRs omly has a nice site with some cool parts:thumbsup: to.....

check out the bike in my garage ive done quite a bit to it

Mine was in the 670 range. I kept the compression close to stock since I had heard of over heating problems with the high compression pistons. Did the port job on the head and switched to Kibble White valves and guides. I did notice, after the motor was built, it felt like the engine had more to give. I think a larger carb would have been the answer but wife's medical condition made it financially impossible to keep the bike. I guess I will never know what I could have gotten out of it if I kept going. I ran great though.

RH