HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mboule

'01 CR250 idle adjustment help

5 posts in this topic

Just got a 2001 CR250 and didn't get a manual with it. It starts easy and runs but won't idle, even after it's warmed up. The only adjustment screw I see on the carb is a small screw with a locknut. I tried backing out this screw but it didnt' seem to change anything. Any ideas?

There should be a Idle screw on the carb. Also when you find it turn it in until the bike idles.

(Assuming your carb is properly jetted to begin with...) The Mikuni idle adjustment screw has a lock nut - that's the one you found. To increase the idle speed, loosen the lock nut and turn the screw in. You may also need to adjust the air screw which is located just below and to the rear of the fuel inlet port.

Thanks for the info, skipn8r. I'll check it out. BTW, the manaul has been ordered.

I screww in that screw a few turns and it idles like a champ. Thanks again, skipn8r. Thumpertalk rocks!