HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
donnylad

what differences 01 to 02 wr400?

13 posts in this topic

whats the main differences from the 01 model to the new 02 model?i havent seen any reviews pics or anything about the wr400 02,any sites with pics and reviews of this bike?

The main difference between 01/02 on a WR 426 is

Front hub slightly larger

Slightly tweaked rear suspension

and that is about it, the bikes look almost identical. The 02 WR426 that we sell now seem to be coming road ready with indicators and full lighting kit, they look rather odd like a sheep in wolfs clothing when you get them up to their tanks in glug until you crack the throttle and let the roost fly!!!

both the 2001 and 2002 are wr400f,s i have got the wr400 2001,i dont no if in the states its different to europe,but they still make the wr400,the new 2002 wr400 has just come out in england 2 months ago,

:D Yep BOTH the 400 and the 426 are available in the UK......Go figure :)

Originally posted by lewichris:

[ March 01, 2002: Message edited by: lewichris ]

Well said, Lewi.

so why the hell would you want a 400 when you can have the 426???????

some one please explain

because i saw a good wr400, at a good price so i bought it thats why.there,s not a world of difference surely to the 426? the 400 is good enuff for me :)

:) It's quite bizzare really, I can go out now and purchase a brand new 2002 400F or for a few hundered pounds more I can purchase a brand new 2002 426F...what are Yamaha doing ?!?!?!? :D

I think there is a world of difference between a 400 + 426. My WR426 would eat my old WR400, with lots more mid range power

in australia we have the WR 250F, WR 400F and the WR 426F. it is most likely in europe too as the classes for the enduro's follow 251cc and under 4 stroke, 251cc to 401cc 4 stroke and 401cc and above 4 stroke, they have retained the wr 400f so that yammie can run 3 bikes in the classes therefore keep more people happy.

Originally posted by arrow101:

in australia we have the WR 250F, WR 400F and the WR 426F. it is most likely in europe too as the classes for the enduro's follow 251cc and under 4 stroke, 251cc to 401cc 4 stroke and 401cc and above 4 stroke, they have retained the wr 400f so that yammie can run 3 bikes in the classes therefore keep more people happy.

PERFECT reply Arrow. thank you. That makes sence to me now.