De-Octopusing

A couple of questions I haven't seen addressed in other posts about the 'octopus'.

1. Is there any kind of torque spec or something for tightening the Bolt (link lever) - '99 WR manual,pg 4-9 Item #12?

2. Did you install washers under the nuts that held the octopus bracket? If yes, what style/size?

Brian

Originally posted by Brian Meadows:

A couple of questions I haven't seen addressed in other posts about the 'octopus'.

1. Is there any kind of torque spec or something for tightening the Bolt (link lever) - '99 WR manual,pg 4-9 Item #12?

2. Did you install washers under the nuts that held the octopus bracket? If yes, what style/size?

Brian

Brian,

I did not use a torque wrench for my octopus removal. Just avoid star torque (torque until you see stars) or breakaway torque (torque until the nut spins free). As for the bracket, I re-used my bracket. It would clean up the appearance even more to remove it, I just didn't have the hardware at the time to do it. Quite honestly, I haven't even looked at it since.

i have a 2000 wr I've heard people mention it a million times but what do you do to de octopus. In detail. I ve done everything i can but cant get any info on how to de octopus. and what are the advantages of deoctuping?