Can I cut the stock throttle stop

I looked but couldnt find the length to cut the stock throttle stop.

THANKS

23.5 mm.

Measure and take a dremel to it. Its like a hot knife cutting through butter (kinda)

the red X was supposed to be the pick of the WR and YZ throttle stops. go to JDjetting.com and search the YZ and WR pics.

or just get a yz stop

or just get a yz stop

+1 on that. It comes with the AIS removal kit which also includes all the jets you need

TStops.jpg

please be careful with cutting the stop.

too short and the carb gate can get stuck wide open. Could be disastrous. measure twice, cut once.

Finally, I had posted following months ago and got no response-

Went to replace my throttle stop with the5JG-14591-00, found the existing stop had been cut to 11/16" (17.5mm) almost as if someone recut the already shortened stop again. I replaced it with the 15/16" (24mm) stop.

I have read all FAQ's on subject and they often link to the WR250 mod instructions. Can anyone confirm that the 24mm is the correct length for the modified throttle stop on the 03 WR450?

Thanks for the pic!

please be careful with cutting the stop.

too short and the carb gate can get stuck wide open. Could be disastrous. measure twice, cut once.

I agree......the stop doesn't even have to be as short as the YZ because the slide opens wider than "wide open" anyway. Hence my stop is slightly longer than the yz because I don't want to take a chance of sticking the throttle wide open and I don't want excessive cable wear.

cut 10 mm off mine using a 10 mm wrench as a measuring device. could have taken another 1-2 mm off, but am satisfied with results.