remounting rear wheel - I'm an idiot

OK. Replaced the rear tire and now I'm remounting the rear wheel. If I tighten the axle nut it locks up the rear brake. What am I doing wrong??? Help. When I removed the wheel I marked the alignment on the axle blocks so I know I'm aligned, but when I tighten the axle it locks the wheel up. I figure I'm missing something simple but damned if I can figure it out.

OK. Replaced the rear tire and now I'm remounting the rear wheel. If I tighten the axle nut it locks up the rear brake. What am I doing wrong??? Help. When I removed the wheel I marked the alignment on the axle blocks so I know I'm aligned, but when I tighten the axle it locks the wheel up. I figure I'm missing something simple but damned if I can figure it out.

Do you have a spacer missing?

Should there be a spacer netween the brake and the swingarm? If there should that's my problem, but in the owners manual I can't see a spacer there.

You should have a space on each side.

Spacers were on correctly, When I slid the brake onto the swingarm it didnt fit exactly into the notch and was sitting out from the swingarm, so every time I tightened the axle it locked the brake (pushing the disc into the pad). It looked like it was all aligned from the top, but when you got underneath it you could see the misalignment. The mechanic (yep. I would up taking the stupid thiong to the shop on my way to the track so they could tell me how stupid I was) said it happens all the time. He was probably just t4rying to nake an old fart like me feel better.

that brake thing happened to me once when i wasp utting my dad's wheel back on his bike when i still had my kx. i felt like a dunce. haha.