dual sporting a 2007 wr 450

I'm setting up my wr450 for street use . I was going to buy the baja designs lighting kit ,but after looking at the bike closer I don't see the point. I found that

the stock headlight is wired for high and low beam and the stock led tail has a brake light built in just not hooked up .

On the headlight the:

black wire is ground

blue wire is low beam

yellow wire is high beam

On the tail light the:

Black wire is ground

blue wire is tail light

yellow wire is stop light

so I just got a universal turn signal switch and some led turn signals plus a horn and a flasher all for a 125 instead of the 439 from baja

I'm just wondering if I should rewire the stator so all the power goes to the battery then run the lights off of the battery .I read somewhere the if you do

that you need a bigger voltage regulator . does anybody got a part # on a bigger voltage regulator ? or should I just try to make something fit?

Were the yellow wires hooked up to the lights, or were they just run into the light and capped off?

YMMV, but a lot of states require a license plate light, so you'll have to find a way to rig that up.

As for the stator, I'm ignorant of those kind of things, why would you need to rewire it? Is the load increased that much by the hi beam, brake lights, and the turn signals?

Thanks,

Daniel

the yellow wires were in both the head light and the tail light pigtails, but there is no lead in the main wiring harness where they plug in. as for the plate light I was going to cut a hole in the plastic cover that goes over the tail light ,to let the tail shine on the plate too.

the reason I think the stator needs rewired is because it is kind of dim at low rpm. so if you rewire the stator so it sends all of the power to the battery ,instead of half . then wire your lights to the battery . the lights will be more stable at all rpm's

the yellow wires were in both the head light and the tail light pigtails, but there is no lead in the main wiring harness where they plug in. as for the plate light I was going to cut a hole in the plastic cover that goes over the tail light ,to let the tail shine on the plate too.