Cycra 2.9 for wr?

Does Cycra make their 2.9 gal tank for the wr?

The only bike I have seen one listed for is a YZ250. That doesn't mean one doesn't exist though.

------------------

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MOAB!!

AMA, NETRA

Originally posted by Kevin in New Hampshire:

The only bike I have seen one listed for is a YZ250. That doesn't mean one doesn't exist though.

Cycra does not make tanks for YZFs, only for 125/250s. I asked and a YZF model was not immediately in the works.

Bummer. I'd don't need and oversized tank. However; the stock YZF tank is just too small. I wonder why nobody makes something in the middle?

Originally posted by Bryan Bosch:

Bummer. I'd don't need and oversized tank. However; the stock YZF tank is just too small. I wonder why nobody makes something in the middle?

That is the same reason I called Cycra too. Also, an issue of Dirt Bike or MXA on building the ultimate off-road YZ/WR mistakenly listed Cycra as being a manufacturuer of tanks for the YZF/WR.

I don't know what type of bikes you are used to but YZ has more cap. than any new 250 I am aware of (most/all are less than 2 gal.) Plus, YZF gets much better mileage. Fifty miles is pretty good range for a stock tank.

I was finally sold on an IMS 3.3 gal after I rode a friend's 400 with one. They look pretty invasive but I didn't notice any difference when riding with one.

The molds used in tank production are very expensive, I imagine this is why more sizes are not readily available.

I've always ridden XR's before my WR. The stock tank was 2.4 gal. and I could get 75-80 miles. My typical day is 35-50. I just don't want to cut things too close with the stock 2.1.

I remember seeing an add or magazine test on a small auxilary tank for YZFs that mounted inside the left side panel (opposite the silencer).

Unfortunately I don't remember who made it...

Anyone?

A-Loop YZF Saddle Tank. 1-gallon carried in place of the left side number plate. The YZ doesn't have the radiator reservoir tank there so it fits in it's place.

A-Loop #(303)791-0035 :)

James Dean