Scotts Dampner

I've got one on my 250 and really like it. I can go faster through really rough stuff without worrying about the bars being jerked to one side. I don't get as tired trying to keep the bike straight and can relax a bit more on the bike. I think it has a positive effect on all bikes.

I don't think you need them at all.

Do you get any headshake?

I would put that money towards a revalve (and respring if needed). Money spent much better IMO.

i will never ride a bike with out one. spend the money it is well spent. once you try it you will wonder why you havent had one all along. you will never go back

i will never ride a bike with out one. spend the money it is well spent. once you try it you will wonder why you havent had one all along. you will never go back

I've got a damper on the 250. They ain't that special.....

Thats real cheap!

For a bar riser - (already needed one)

and Scotts Damper, I'd say it was real cheap! Installation was great and it made a huge difference not only at speed in the desert but I also adjust it for technical single track and like it:thumbsup:

The damper is no substitute for good suspension tuning... my 07' works great with only spring rate changes for my weight... no valving changings to date:thumbsup:

A steering damper has nothing to do with suspension. You can have all the suspension tuning that money can buy and still not get the results that a damper will provide. Tuned suspension is not going to make your bike stay straight in deep sandy washes, or rocky chop. Or those hidden bowling ball size rocks in the sand wash that take your bars out of your hand. The stabilizer handles those conditions not suspension tuning. If you are an off road rider you will benefit from having one, and once you ride with one you will never own a bike without one. Track riders don't really need them since they are on a groomed surface. Do yourself a favor and buy a Scott's damper setup. That way you can swap it onto any new bike you buy with just a mounting kit.

Pro off road guys or supercross guys? Check out a National Hare & Hound Desert race, walk down the start line and try to count. You'd be better off counting the few that don't. But Just to throw a few out there. Ty Davis' whole team, Destry Abbot, Kurt Caselli, Mike Childress, Robbie Bell, Kendall Norman, Chris Blais, American Honda bikes 1x, and 2x.

I'm 6'5" 280lbs and I have only been able to do just so much with my suspension. New springs and re-valving obviously helped tremendously. But it was the scotts stabilizer that really made the difference. I really like to go fast and the sand washes are my favorite place to go now. :applause: They aren't for everyone though. I do understand that quite a few pros do ride with them. There is a list of them on the scotts website. :ride: I do think you will enjoy the difference. Cheers