Headlight Replacement

Other than the expensive stock headlight, does anyone have a cheaper solution from an aftermarket source? Broke my second one and at $100 a pop...well. Any source for a wire sreen that can be put over the replacement? Thanks!

Those headlights (just the glass) cost us about $US25 over here.

You can cut some thin perspex to required size and attach it to the glass using velcro tabs. Shouldn't cost more than $5 to do.

I bought this for my WR headlight and I've used it for 3 hare scrambles, a 200 mile dual sport and a few trail rides. It hasn't taken any direct hits from golf ball sized rocks, but I'm sure it's been hit with something.

X-PEL

$10 bought me enough to cover 4 headlights. It's 40 mil thick and made by 3M. I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Dual Star stuff.

Keep checking ebay for a replacement light, though. I got a near mint headlight and shroud for about $40.

Click the bulk film link for pricing by the sq. in. ($0.11/sq. in.)?

I broke mine about a month ago as well. New one cost me $75 at my local shop.

PDBLUE is right Baja Designs does sell the wire mesh cover for the WR dimensions, I think it sells for around $11...cheep insurance!

The 40 mil plexi (sp?) glass would be the hot ticket if you're not riding at night and depending on you're light as a visual source, but I'm sure somebody here will say why don't you just take you're light off if you're racing...

Eddie ?

Just the light for $30 Aussie dollars.

The whole unit is $100 Australian dollars.

Both from here (got catalogue in front of me), but only whole unit advertised online:

http://www.ballards.cc/Product/1094771426299-6287/category/227/GENUINE

Mutu - Can you get me a price on the 07 headlight - the Aussie/Euro version (bigger than the US). I would love to get my hands on one of them. Thanks.

I think he ment 4mm!
No. A "mil" is .001". 40 mil is .040" This stuff is an adhesive film, not plexiglass, and it's completely clear. You wouldn't know I had it unless I told you.

So far, so good, but I'll be sure to post up if it ever does break.

Mutu - Can you get me a price on the 07 headlight - the Aussie/Euro version (bigger than the US). I would love to get my hands on one of them. Thanks.

I'll PM you and put you on to one of my contacts that gets OEM parts direct from japan! ?