I hate to do this

HI guys, need your help again.

I have check through the archieve and I can't find the answer I want.

So just need a simple answer from you fellow.

Few questions: 1) size on the fork cap?

2) size of nut just below the fork cap, which is use to hold on while removing the fork cap

3)the size of the nut inside the swingarm, do I need a extension rod?for both side(same size)??

4)what other size of wrench do I need to remove the whole linkage/susupension.

Thank you guys! :)

You should add a couple of 22mm and 27 mm wrenches and sockets to your collection. That will take care of most of your problems!

fershy

Originally posted by Henry:

3)the size of the nut inside the swingarm, do I need a extension rod?for both side(same size)??

4)what other size of wrench do I need to remove the whole linkage/susupension.

Thank you guys! :)

Henry,

I do believe fershy is right, the linkage is held together by a nylock w/ a 27 mm head. You do not need a wrench for the other side.

Just pop out the plastic dust guard on left side, remove nut, push bolt out (I use a long 3/8" drive extension). Then remove nut on left side of swingarm bolt and push this bolt out.

Lastly, remove nut/bolt that connects pull rods to other side of relay arm (you WILL need a wrench to hold this bolt while nut is removed). The relay arm or linkage cam is crescent shaped piece that connects pull rods, shock and arm together.

Swingarm will then come right off.

Don't forget to remove brakes. I usually take off pedal, resevoir and master cyl., then I can set the whole assembly aside while I service my linkage and reinstall my swingarm.

Hope this helps!

Actually Hick, if I am not mistaken, I believe the linkage is held together by a 22mm bolt. I just pulled my swingarm off for greasing last weekend and I used 22mm sockets on all linkage. The bolt holding the shock is a 14mm.

You need two 22mm sockets and a couple of extensions.

The axle bolt on the rear tire is a 27mm.

Not sure of fork cap size. But the nut that is underneath it is a 17mm. You need a thin wrench to get in there. A regular size will not fit.