18 inch wheel for 426

Howdy all,

I was wondering if anybody had any contacts or advice for a YZ owner wanting an 18 in rear wheel. I would prefer a complete wheel to simply swapping rim and spokes of a WR, that way I can have both 18 and 19. But I don't want to shell out $450 for an aftermarket Talon/Excel wheel.

Do 98's have diff. hubs than '99s? Are YZ and WR wheels/hubs interchangeable (w/ exception of 18 vs 19 in.)?

Does anybody see any reason why a WR wheel won't bolt right up to my YZ? If not what are the odds of me finding a used one?

I figured I'd post to WR group due to nature of question...

Thanks in advance for all advice and help!

I just switched from an 18 inch to a 19 inch wheel on my WR. I just purchased a new 19 inch rim and spokes then had it laced up with the original WR hub. I swithched to the 19 inch because 95 percent of my riding is MX.

I just read that most of the factory bikes were running 18's at Glen Helen and soon it'll be all 20" fronts and 18" rears except for SuperCross. popworm.gif

------------------

MotoGreg - The voice of a new millennium

'99 WR400 - 'cause thumpers rule!

'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna trade it for a dope 916)

You can visit my photo album for $1 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Originally posted by James in Phx:

I just switched from an 18 inch to a 19 inch wheel on my WR. I just purchased a new 19 inch rim and spokes then had it laced up with the original WR hub. I swithched to the 19 inch because 95 percent of my riding is MX.

James in PHX,

Would you consider selling me your WR's original 18 in rim and spokes? I have friends and family in PHX area.

Reply or send an email:

burt@123mail.net

Thanks!

MotoGreg:

Yeah, I read that too about all the factories w/ 18 inchers at GH. I already read a test somewhere (MXA?) where they put a 20 inch w/ a Dunlop 756 or 739 on a 426 and testers raved about traction. Test said that 18" on rear compliments 20" front. I wonder when Excel will make rims/spokes available for YZ/WR?

Any other WR owners swithced to 19" rear?