HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huffa 2

Bar stool bike stand

13 posts in this topic

A little show and tell here ..........

I made this about a year ago.

Platform and whole stand rotates 360 degrees so working on the bike you don't always have to walk to other side, just give her a spin! :thumbsup:

The top I got from a truck mudflap found laying on the road, bar stool was in a dumpster.

BARSTOOL-BIKESTAND.jpg

DSC04640.jpg

1 person likes this

That's pretty cool. :thumbsup: Do you ever have trouble with it moving when you are getting the bike up on it?

i wish my stupid work comp with its sensative intranet would let me view pics HUFF always has some cool stuff to show off.

That's pretty cool. :thumbsup: Do you ever have trouble with it moving when you are getting the bike up on it?

Not so much with the stand moving (2 wheels have brakes) but having the strength to lift the beast!

Was no problem with my 230 lb 450 but a 100 more pounds takes all the strength I have! I lift it by leaning it on me and grabbing the passenger foot peg bracket, otherwise I would not be able to get it on.

The stand could stand to be a little lower for the L though.

I had a old milk crate for 15 some years with wheels on, that worked fine too, you really don't need the top to swivel and what does happen when you go to push bar stool is it tends to just want to rotate instead of forward momentum, but the top swivel is definitly a plus, not having to rotate the whole stand anymore.

I'll make some sort of lock on platform to stop it from swiveling when I want to push it.

The brakes are on because the second you go out my driveway (park there to wash it) it's so steep the bike would roll down to the street! Of course on the L, having a kickstand, I don't need it for that purpose anymore.

It's very handy to store your dirt bikes on and to move them out of the way if you have to. Just don't use cheap wheels or it might not roll good. Got the wheels at harbor freight.

DSC03475-1.jpg

i wish my stupid work comp with its sensative intranet would let me view pics HUFF always has some cool stuff to show off.

Thank You!

See it when you get home?

Thanks martin, I was thinking of mass producing them but they take quite a bit of time to make, would cost too much + I'd have to be on the lookout at bar dumpsters all the time. :lol:

What a great idea. I have an identical stool that is meant for sitting at my workbench. My workbench is far too cluttered to sit at so I'll make the stool into a bike stand instead.

Bummer. I just spent $200 on a stand.

Never ignore the obvious. Sometimes the best solution is right under your ass.

Bummer. I just spent $200 on a stand.

Never ignore the obvious. Sometimes the best solution is right under your ass.

Dang, that would of been a great subject title for it ! :thumbsup:

That stand is pretty darn good.

I just got a grade-C blemished lift/stand from hawg racing- $200 stand for $100, +25 shipping. No way I have $200 for a stand, but $125 goes a long way towards soothing my back!

Dave

kragen has these hydraulic bike jacks for 49 bucks. anybody have one? are they worth it?

That stand is pretty darn good.

I just got a grade-C blemished lift/stand from hawg racing- $200 stand for $100, +25 shipping. No way I have $200 for a stand, but $125 goes a long way towards soothing my back!

Dave

Your lucky man, you have the room for it ! TONS of room! :thumbsup: