does anyone know about the tank?

i just wondered if anyone knew how far you can ride with a stock tank on an 03 yz450??..i ride trails..but most of the riding is open roads and higher speeds..about 7 miles of that..and then maybe 10 miles of trails and then back 7 miles to the truck..i went on my first ride and it seemed like the bike just chugged that gas..premium!! aahh!!..so does anyone know about what the range is about? thanx-josh

i just wondered if anyone knew how far you can ride with a stock tank on an 03 yz450??..i ride trails..but most of the riding is open roads and higher speeds..about 7 miles of that..and then maybe 10 miles of trails and then back 7 miles to the truck..i went on my first ride and it seemed like the bike just chugged that gas..premium!! aahh!!..so does anyone know about what the range is about? thanx-josh

One time I almost ran a tank out in an hour. It was a grand prix and I was averaging 35 MPH (pretty wide open for Indiana). Or I can ride single track all day and it seems to just sip the gas. It really depends on how hard you ride. The main jet has a bigger whole than the pilot jet. ?

ya..when i'm riding for the 7 miles out and 7 miles back..im averaging 45-50 mph..and then about 30 in the 10 miles section..it just seemed that when i was riding the other day..the beast just guzzled it like nothing..but mayb there is more room than it seems in there?? thanx-josh

my bud and i both have 03s, he weights about 70 lbs more than me (im 170) and when we ride together mine always seems to have noticeible lower fuel levels compared to him....getting ABOUT 45 miles....and im sure were jetted close cause they both run well...........