HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

any way's to take out small scratches on gas tank

7 posts in this topic

I've seen advertised a product called plastic renew or something like that. I'm sure someone here knows the name.

Good luck

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

I hate to say it however; you're fighting an uphill battle! When I bought my first new bike, I was so anal about scratches. Now, I don't trash my bike however; riding is a lot more fun when you don't worry about scratches. The fact is, if you ride, your bike is going to get scratched. I'd save your money and buy some cool parts that add to the performance of your bike. My .02-.03 cents.

Busch/Bill,

I tried Plasic Renew on my daughter's RM125, and what a lot of work! It took me hours to sand the scratches out, and the liquid shine (I heard Mop and Glo is the same stuff) doesn't hold up. I wouldn't do it again, ever. I'm with Bryan, and I almost wish they didn't make bikes look so good, so you wouldn't have to fret when you trash them.

Gil

The best thing to do (its too late now) is ...when the bike is brand new...cover the likely scratch areas with that heavy duty clear vinyl with adhesive on the back....it will take you a couple of hours to cut and apply it before the first ride, and cost about $24...but you will be amazed how good your plastic looks a year later.

I have a little bit about the clear vinyl on this site http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com/shop/index.htm

I have used it for a few years, and it lets fussy people like me throw the bike on the ground and ride through bushes and past branches without fear of make the bike look like **** .

------------------

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>

400 Thumpers Australia</A>

2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

If you don't like small scraches, get a grinder and make some big ones.

I'm sorry, for I have been drinking.