2001 S model reborn

FMF FULL TITANIUM 4 EXHAUST SYSTEM

HOT CAM STAGE 1 INTAKE AND EXHAUST

AFTERMARKET FCR CARB

POWERNOW VALVE

3X3 AIRBOX MOD

K&N AIR FILTER

BIG GUN OVERREV REV LIMITER

Just installed the Hot Cams and now bike rips up to when I get to >= 1/2 Throttle, my engine dies . I must press the starter button to get the engine going again. Here is how I am jetted:

I ride 0~1000ft above sea level

JD Jetting Kit (thanks TT)

162 Main

52 pilot

Blue Needle, clip on 3rd groove

2 1/2 turns on fuel screw

Anyone have any ideas? I have a feeling it is jetting related.

Sorry Eddie, forgive my lack of full comprehension....:bonk:

Are you saying that my floats are stuck and I possibly just need to give my carb a nice cleaning?? :excuseme:

I have read that often people must go leaner after adding the Hot Cams.

Thanks for getting back to me :worthy:

He said maybe the main jet was not tightened, and vibrated out and is now simply sitting in the bottom of the float bowl.

Makes sense... always wondered what would happen if the jets came off.... good to know it doesn't explode :smirk:

Yeah thats kinda what I thought he meant, and I really really wish it was that simple.

However, negative the main jet was on tight when I removed it.

Either way is it related to my main jet and the engine not getting fuel, rather than it being too rich I am gathering? I can look and see if the jet is clogged...

Any other suggestions? Believe me I exhausted my searching skills before adding to the pile of questions that seem to be repeated throughout time :busted:

I really appreciate anyone taking the time to give me some ideas :ride:

Sorry Eddie, thought that you were talking slang...

Guess I didn't think that the main jet coming off and literally laying in the float bowl was possible, but then again, I guess anything is possible

Yes I can get up to speed, but once I get ON the throttle, every time, consistently it (my engine) will die and the only thing I can do is, restart my engine, flogging the throttle doesn't do anything. As long as I don't go past 1/2 throttle, I am fine

but what the hell fun is that :devil:

this happens while opening the throttle quickly?

if you roll the throttle on slowly it wont take wot?

Its appears to not matter much either way, whether I roll it on fast or slow. I would say that it seems to happen more when I roll it on fast and get up to speed.

No, it definitely won't rev to the rev limiter. It will go past 1/2 if I roll on slow, but soon after the engine dies. So i have gotten the revs up, but not near the limits of the big gun over rev

Thanks Eddie, I will try it out. While I have the carb apart, how does my jetting look? I was thinking to drop down to a 160Main and slightly leaner piolet...

Thanks Eddie, I will try it out. While I have the carb apart, how does my jetting look? I was thinking to drop down to a 160Main and slightly leaner piolet...

Before doing anything to the jetting you might want to try the old CDI, that way you are only working with 1 variable at a time.