HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigwake

Should I Buy An 01 Yz426?

11 posts in this topic

i love my 03 yz450f!! now i need to get my dad a bike..i found a very clean 01 yz426..are they nice bikes too?? any help? thanx-josh

The 01 is a very solid machine, given it has been taken care of properly. They are a little heavier than any of the 450's but still a ton of fun to ride. I wish I still had my old 00! Check it out and see if it's been taken care of properly, if all checks out and the price is fair I'd say go for it.

sweet! maybe i'll try to grab it..i loveee my 03 450!! and man! the deal i got on that thing!! i just have trouble in hard packed dirt..even in straight aways..feels like i'm on ice..but i've had some suggestions and maybe they will work

Try letting the air out of the forks, they tend to push when the air gets built up in there. It's a small screw mounted off-center in the top of the fork.

1 person likes this

Try letting the air out of the forks, they tend to push when the air gets built up in there. It's a small screw mounted off-center in the top of the fork.

Damn! I never knew that was there! Thanks!!!!!:applause:

I have an 01 yz426. Very dependable and awesome machine, a little hefty but other than that its a great bike. 03 cam mod is also a great thing to have, helps smooth out powerband and makes starting this thing an ease.