Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigwake

First Ride On My 03 Yz450f!!!

4 posts in this topic

HOLY CRAPP!! THIS THING IS AMAZINGG!! i thought i had ridden a bike before when i was on 125's and 250 2's..man was i wrong!! this was hands down the most fun i've ever had on any bike!! period!! i could pull wheelies in 2nd 3rd and even 4th!! it has sooo muchh poweerrrrrr!! o mannnn!!!..one question though..when i was riding in hard packed sand/dirt..the bike felt like i was on ice!..very squirrelly..scarey..and when i was on hard gravel road..it wasn't so bad..and tracked nicely..does anyone know why this happened?? i thought maybe tire pressure or because of the loose steering that this bike is known for?? any help? thanx-josh

HOLY CRAPP!! THIS THING IS AMAZINGG!! i thought i had ridden a bike before when i was on 125's and 250 2's..man was i wrong!! this was hands down the most fun i've ever had on any bike!! period!! i could pull wheelies in 2nd 3rd and even 4th!! it has sooo muchh poweerrrrrr!! o mannnn!!!..one question though..when i was riding in hard packed sand/dirt..the bike felt like i was on ice!..very squirrelly..scarey..and when i was on hard gravel road..it wasn't so bad..and tracked nicely..does anyone know why this happened?? i thought maybe tire pressure or because of the loose steering that this bike is known for?? any help? thanx-josh

I spent a little saddle time on an '03, and that had to be the pinnacle of Yamaha 's power 450 engine. That engine was explosive as far as power!! My buddy after a frustrating season on his '03 ended up adding a flywheel weight, and he was SOOOOO HAPPY !!! The flywheel weight made his YZ450 a "fun" and a managable bike to ride again....

told you dude.... wheelies, any gear, any speed.

pretty fun huh ????? you get used to the power, but it takes awhile.

like they tell me about riding a 500 2 stroke, you get used to it.

ya i totally can't wait to get to really use the power..i have to harnes it first! haha thnx-josh