steering dampeners???

Dave, This subect is a very popular one on this forum. You might chack the archives for more detail but I will give you an overview of what I think everyone (or most)thinks about them.

You wont have to change triple clamps for either of the two popular steering dampners on the market (the W.E.R. and the Scotts) and either has mounting kits to fit your bike.

As far a which works better, I have a WER and I think its great but you have to rebuilt it more often than the Scotts. But it does sit out of the way (on the front fender) as opposed to the scotts (on your top TC)

There is only a $100 dollar difference between the two. But I would opt for the Scotts if I could do it again. Hope this helps some in the quest for the ultimate aftermarket accessory.

------------------

Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

I can't see a disadvantage really (maybe an aquward endo with Protapers maybe the only one)

It mounts quickly, cleanly and without modification anywhere.. can aso be swapped from bike to bike when/if needed.

Have a look on my shop site (link at bottom of this message) and there is a pic of it mounted on a WR/YZ.. you'll see how clean the setup is.

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop

Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

The only other disadvantage I can think of is if you like to ride in enduros and you run a Pacemaker computer (as I do) then you have quite a bit of equipment up on your bars. But thats pretty trivial.

Another advantage of the scotts is you can adjust it on the fly. Sweet!

If you do decide on the Scotts, Ive heard the bolt on kits for it are not too sturdy. If you have access to something or someone that can weld a mount on for you, definatly go for the weld on setup.

------------------

Originally posted by Harold in So Cal:

I have read a lot of good posts about the Scotts dampener. However, I don't remember any comments about how they perform on the mx track. Any reviews?

Same as offroad... there are a few AMA guys that use them but the fact is never 'publically' announced.

Freestyle guys are getting into them also with their jumping.

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop

Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

:D:D:D:D:D? Yea. I would like to have a dampner if I was doing no handed landings! :D?:D:D:D:D

------------------