the "REV BOX"

Hi i was just wondering if anyone has heard of the "rev box" i saw it on ebay for about $100.00 and sounds like it does the same thing as a vortex, just not ajustable? also it says it's for yz models for 03-06 would it work on a 04 wr? thanks.

I would be wary of outlaying cash on something unknown like that.

I know it is an ignition, but what brand? There is heaps out there.

I believe the one you are talking about would work on your bike.

A good plug and play ignition for '03 - '06 WR's is the OEM '03 YZ450F ignition. It is nice and aggressive and you should be able to find one pretty cheap.

I have a vortex ignition on my bike, they do make a noticable difference.

thanks, so if i buy the 03 yzf box will it up hp, even if i already cut the grey wire? ps i will be putting in the ex cam from a 04 yz

The benefit of YZ ignitions is that the curve is more aggressive and has a higher rpm limit. The '03 in particular was the most aggressive. There is a performance gain, but not that much in terms of hp. Not even with the vortex ignition which is like 1-2hp.

A '03 YZ ignition is just an idea, as they should be quite cheap to pick up from the wreckers or off ebay. :ride:

ok thanks alot for the info, i think i'am going to try that then!

I've done a bit of reading and i was wondering if i would have to change my flywheel or will any of the yz 03-06 cdi's work? just plug and play or is there more to it? thanks

plug and play!

Hi,Do you know if that applies to the '00YZ also? As i wouldn't mind a few more herbs outta the '00WR.I suppose the flywheel would still tame it down a bit but every bit helps and the vortex is still mega bucks.

i took i real quick look on ebay and didn't see any. sorry

Hi,Do you know if that applies to the '00YZ also? As i wouldn't mind a few more herbs outta the '00WR.I suppose the flywheel would still tame it down a bit but every bit helps and the vortex is still mega bucks.

Not sure, but should still apply.

Ask a wrecker if you could see if it fits and test ride it. Might not be any difference with the older bikes. :excuseme:

yeah,I might just look into that idea.