Over flow tube leaking.

I just bought an 01 YZ426 and after ridding it last night I noticed the radiator coolant leaking on the ground so I discovered it was coming from the overflow tube. Is this as simple as just actually being to full or is the radiator cap weak or do I have another problem I need to look at?

The radiator was probably over-filled causing it to blow some out. Also, YZF's need a lot of air going thru the radiators to cool efficiently. Riding at low speeds for extended periods of time will cause them to blow coolant too.

I just make 'checking my radiator fluid' a normal part of my maintenance routine.

Opps, I forgot to add that the coolant level should be just over the radiator core and just below the filler neck of the radiator.

The radiator was probably over-filled causing it to blow some out. Also, YZF's need a lot of air going thru the radiators to cool efficiently. Riding at low speeds for extended periods of time will cause them to blow coolant too.

I just make 'checking my radiator fluid' a normal part of my maintenance routine.

That's what I was expecting.

Thanks!