HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maxwell6996

What will it be worth?

3 posts in this topic

Bought my 400 back in '98 when they first came out. When I saw Doug Henry kill em all,(in it's first race ever), I put my money down on one. Had to wait 4 months for the slow boat from Japan to get it to my dealer. lol Only mod is Renthal bars. I have no intention of doing anything else to it. It's fine the way it is. So my question is....Will the original badass 4-stroke be a collectors item one day?

It probably will be.

But it's not the original badass 4-stroke; it's the return of the badass 4-stroke. Thumpers ruled MX in the beginning (the real beginning, not the beginning in the U.S.), and refused to go away for quite a while after they had been supplanted by two-strokes. '97 was their comeback. But as the bike that made that resurgence possible, the YZ400 will most likely be worth something someday. Hang onto it for a while.

I guess i shouldn't have said original... I grew up with 2-strokes being the fastest/baddest. I'm too young for the "really" old school stuff. Although I have ridden a few Elsinore's and a friend's TL250. But they're pretty tame in comparison.

Plus it was my first bike..had a 200 Blaster 4-wheeler before that. After the YZ i'll never buy a 2-stroke again. The YZ is the King imo. (and 4-strokes in general) :ride: