HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

valve Clearances

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone needed to adjust their valve clearances ?

My '00 WR400 has done 700km and when warm sounds a little rattley at the top end - not excessive , but rattely nonetheless.

i changed the oil and filter at 80km, 200km, 350km , 500 km, and 650km . I have been using Putoline SYNTEC 4+ and have only just started to open the beast up after running in.

Is it worth getting the valve clearances checked or am I paranoid ???

Andy Baker

Birmingham uk

Hey Andy,

Well the first mistake you made is in waiting so long to open her up. (Just Kidding) I ran my WR for 600 miles and the dealer said bring it back in at that time for a valve adjustment among other things. So, it sounds like your due.

Originally posted by Kenwood:

Hey Andy,

Well the first mistake you made is in waiting so long to open her up. (Just Kidding) I ran my WR for 600 miles and the dealer said bring it back in at that time for a valve adjustment among other things. So, it sounds like your due.

Thanks for the reply

Did your dealer adjust the valves or just check them ?

My local dealer deals with loads of WR400s , but cant give me a price to adjust them as they have never done one before - they reckon you dont have to touch them ?

What do you think

It's not that hard to pull the valve cover and check the clearance yourself. I have raced a YZF for a year without needing to change valve shims. The clearance was virtually unchanged.

Your'e right - I think i'll just have a fiddle myself and see what the clearances are , then take it from there.

thanks for your input

Andy

Originally posted by Scott F:

It's not that hard to pull the valve cover and check the clearance yourself. I have raced a YZF for a year without needing to change valve shims. The clearance was virtually unchanged.