Does anyone know how the WR compares to honda's new 650?

• 2 weeks later...

An Australian mag just did a test on it, and they said that you really should compare it to the KLX650 or TT600, that it really can't hold water to the WR, DR-Z or the new KTM's

I think it would be the perfect replacment for someone who has an XR600, but I would want to go from a WR to one, you would notice the weight change, it would feel like a monster

------------------

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>

400 Thumpers Australia</A>

2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

Originally posted by Wheelie*Dogg:

Just curious...

I´am agree with rodH now I just get my wr and its another story, I had klx 650r my budy has xr650r feels totally diferent, firts the weigth, a lot of power very smooth, yesteday was the break in my wr less 1/2 thortle was exelent super light still dont open full thortle but I´am very happy.

for open road, desert, of couse the xr650r I used.

Hey RodH how many km do I have to change the oil and for the first change new oil filter?

I read an interesting article on the XR650, and apparently it was due for release in 96, but Honda in the US told them to stick the 650 and the crap handling and suspension. Anyway it went back to R&D and the 650 was then ready for release soon after, but they held off to get the most from the rocketing XR400 sales. It was then due to come out in late 97, but then Yamaha released the YZ400, and that stuffed up Honda's plans. So the XR650 again went to R&D so the could extract more power from it.

So basically if Honda got the suspension right first time around, the 650 would have blitzed the market, as the XR600's were very big sellers at that time, and there was nothing else that weighed the same that hd good power, 4 strokes that is.

Also Renato,

If you do a search through the archive on this forum, you will finds heaps of posts on oil changes.

------------------

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>

400 Thumpers Australia</A>

2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications