Should I up the main jet a little?

I run my '00 model with throttle stop and air box lid removed , and with an aftermarket exhaust. I upped the main jet to 175 at the recommendation of my dealer and the bike rips !!

Hope this helps

andy

Originally posted by 2000WR400:

stock pipe, baffle removed, air lid and throttle stop removed, twin air air filter. Can I go a little bigger on the main, maybe 165 or what? What do you recommend on this, and any other adjustment to the carb?

If you are riding in Michigan, you are probably riding at about 650 feet above sea level.....The surfaces of Lake Huron and Lake Michigan are both at 579 feet above sea level....And unless you are riding in the Porcupine "Mountains" then you're not much above that.

Yes, I think you will benefit from a richer main. I use a 172-175 with YZ pipe, airbox lid off, white powerfilter. Also 45 pilot, play with the screw and experiment with the clip height on the needle helps. This is one of those bikes that seem to run great, then you make one little change and it is worlds better. The bike is lean from the factory, so anything you do to add more air (twin air, lid off) will require richer fuel settings. It's very easy to do, well worth the $ in jets. Buy a kit if you can to experiment.

Most of all, have fun!