HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coilcab

XR650R Ohlins rear shock

3 posts in this topic

Hi, Has any one used an Ohlins rear shock in there XR650R. Only riding I do is 100% dirt, no road. Any comments thanks.

Well, Ohins are as good as it gets, but whoa daddy, they ain't cheap. Why not a Eibach spring and a good revalve? I'm GUESSING all in all it would be a bit cheaper and would get you to the same place.

Well, Ohins are as good as it gets, but whoa daddy, they ain't cheap. Why not a Eibach spring and a good revalve? I'm GUESSING all in all it would be a bit cheaper and would get you to the same place.

I would agree! Instead of an Ohlins rear, I would go for a complete suspension revalve/respring. If you plan on using a 4+ gallon gas tank, you may want to go +1 size on the recommended front springs to keep the front end happy. you don't have to go precision concepts, instead, I would search the forum for other cheaper suspension shops/people. You don't need to pay for a name, you just need to pay for the revalve/respring job.

Good luck and happy riding!