HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RodH

Blowing up a fuel tank

4 posts in this topic

Did that get your attention :)

What I mean is the hot water and compressed air trick to expand the tank.

Sidetrack magazine recently wrote that they took a 10lt XR650 tank, and blew it out to fit 11.8lt of fuel. I need more than 8lts, and I think 1 more litre of fuel would be good. Now how do I do this ?

------------------

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>

400 Thumpers Australia</A>

2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

ROD..

I know thw WR tanks only blow up another 0.5l.

The YZ tank will prob only get 1l tops.

I can sell you an oversize tank to fit.. IMS 12.4l.. cheap to you also!! (real cheap!) :)

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop

Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

I THINK SIDETRACK BLEW UP THEIR ACROSS AUSTRALIA WR TO ABOUT 11.5l. AND DOSEN'T YAMAHA DO A 15l TANK. JUST LOOKED IT UP, OCT-NOV 1998 ISSUE 21. QUOTE; GENTLE TREATMENT USING HOT WATER AND LOW AIR PRESSURE-PUMPED INTO THE TANK VIA THE BREATHER HOSE USING A HAND PUMP- HAS EXPANDED THE TANK FRON 12l TO 14l. NOTE ADD ONE OR TWO LBS EVERY HOUR OR SO AS THE TANK COOLS;.

THIS ISSUE 21 HAS ALL THE TRICKS THEY DID FOR THE RUN ACCROSS OZ. HOPE THIS HELPS.

CHECK OUYT THE BRIGHT HEAD LIGHTS,FULL SIZE TWIN 60/55 WATTS ON TOP AND 55 WATTS BELOW.

:)

FRON GREG 98WR400

If anyone tries this, be sure to do it on the bike, otherwise the tank may deform and not fit well.