Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ttracer969

07 YZ450F Exhaust system

6 posts in this topic

I just purchased an 07 yz450f. And I'm wanting to put a pipe on it. I'm considering either the DR.D stainless set up or one of the GYTR units. Which is better?

Hopefully, somebody in here has used one of these.

thank you

ttracer969

I just purchased an 07 yz450f. And I'm wanting to put a pipe on it. I'm considering either the DR.D stainless set up or one of the GYTR units. Which is better?

Hopefully, somebody in here has used one of these.

thank you

ttracer969

Go for the Dr D. Personally i would go for the White Bros Carbon pro.

I second the Dr. D. As far as the carbon pipes, don't do it unless you have money to throw away or you're really anal about bike and exhaust maintenance.

I have a complete Dr. D stainless system on my 06 and it looks and performs great. My only concern is that I may not be able to remove the oil filter cover without removing the header now (just like my old 00 :( )

I'm 100% NOT interested in a carbon exhaust system. they're too much work. but I am 100% interested in a stainless. I'm thinking about buying the DR.D. but I'm not sure because I'm thinking that the GYTR one is going to be real good aswell....:excuseme:

What exactly are you looking to get out of your exhaust? in all honesty your not going to get much out of a full exhaust, other than moving your powerband up or down a little. the stock exhaust system on our bikes are actually really good units. so what exactly are you trying to get out of your bike? more bottom end hit? if so changing to a larger rear will do the trick, without the price tag. maybe a 50-51 tooth. this is just my two cents...

but back to your original ? i would go with the dr.d stainless or the white bros aluminum pro.. but also if you ever plan on lowering your rads then you will need a dr.d exhaust.. just a heads up note.

josh