HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
99raptor

Rekluse *clutch life?

4 posts in this topic

How if at all does a Rekluse clutch affect clutch life?Heard some talk that the Rekluse eats clutches,hope not I was gonna get one.

04' yz450f

it prolongs life because it progressively engages perfectly everytime....but just like a normal clutch...which is included with the rekluse ...it can be fried...just not as easily...if u take off up a hill in 5th gear...which it will...u can harm the clutch...common sense

If the Rekluse is adjusted correctly and the bike ridden correctly there are no wear issues.

I race 40+ A class offroad and have pounded the hell out of the Rekluse with zero problems.

How if at all does a Rekluse clutch affect clutch life?Heard some talk that the Rekluse eats clutches,hope not I was gonna get one.

04' yz450f

The Rekluse won't eat clutch plates. Some riders who abuse the auto-clutch will experience premature clutch wear, but if you ride in the appropriate gear for the conditions, the clutch plates will last every bit as long as a standard clutch.

Another point that should be noted is the installed gap needs to checked on a regular basis. Too much installed gap will cause premature wear aswell.