HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

yz exhaust on wr 400

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried a stock yz exhaust on their wr 400 and how does it work compared to any aftermarket exhaust. :)

henric s

sweden europe mod -00 wr400

I was told the YZ exhaust WILL NOT FIT.

------------------

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

AMA, NETRA

Moab bound for 2000, HOORAY!! Gonna be kicking some Moab Ass (Mule or Donkey?)!

I tried one and didn't like it, all top end power, killed the bottom end hit.

------------------

'99 WR400

'92 GSXR 7/11

Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album

Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

I have a DMC Head Pipe and a stock YZ silencer on my WR. I think it works great, but it is really loud.

My bike is dual sproted, so I ground off the little plate on the silencer that says it is a federal offense to use the pipe on the street. :)

[This message has been edited by Heywood (edited 06-19-2000).]

Ya, the DMC headpipe is small so it helps low end a lot. With the stock yz headpipe you don't get that low end.

------------------

'99 WR400

'92 GSXR 7/11

Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album

Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

I've got a YZ head pipe, (believe it's the same as the WR) & YZ muffler on my 99 WR. i actually believe it helped over the entire range especially up top. the only change i made after the pipe install was upped the main 1 higher to 180. I've tried the E-series and still believe the OEM muffler is better than even that.

I too went from the std muffler on my 99WR(which is very quite but really heavy and damm ugly) to a std YZ muffler which is a lot prettier and lighter but a lot noisier.

Ifound the power slighty increased over the entire rev range and defintly felt crisper.

99wr 172 main, 45 pilot snorkel on air box lid removed ,soon to be fitted oem YZ400 tank and seat and 14/52 gearing

I have a 99 yz silencer on my '00 WR. Stock WR header. Everything fit fine, just need a longer rear bolt and washer. The power seems slightly increased over the whole range, however I have rode it once on an MX track, so I wasn't using low end chug power much, but did note the midrange had more kick. It seemed to rev a little quicker as well, but again one ride may not have been enough to make a good comparison. It isn't that much louder than the stock wr pipe with baffle removed, but it does sound different. Will be riding next week in the woods-that will be the test that is important to me-I'll report back when I have more seat time.

I will pay attention to the low end response, do some plug checks, and post my findings in a week or two.