HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heywood

'00 YZ Triple Clamp on '99 WR

3 posts in this topic

I have a friend who just got a new 426. He put a Pro Circuit Triple Clamp on it after one ride.

I have been thinking about a Clamp and/or Damper purchase, but have been hesitant because of the cost. I remembered Yamaha moved the bars forward on the '00 models so I got my buddy's old clamp and sure enough, it bolted right up.

I haven't ridden it yet, but I am looking forward to trying it out.

This is an option for other "economically challenged" riders that want the forward bar position, but can't afford a new clamp. All you have to do is find someone who wants to part with their stocker.

[This message has been edited by Heywood (edited 06-21-2000).]

Heywood,

I have a 00 426. I believe the stock clamp is 10 mm forward from previous versions. I installed an applied clamp due to oversize bars (Renthal's). I am running the Applied clamp with the mounts in the forward position which moves the bars forward even more. I had a 98 YZ 250 that had the old style clamps. The 00 426 clamps are a big difference over the old clamps. If anyone is interested I have my stock clamps and am willing to sell them.