HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jj

YZ seat of Scotts Damper what do you think?

35 posts in this topic

I need your help!

The wife laid down the law. I have to make a decision. As part of my Fathers day present I was told I could have;

1. Gore-Tex Fly fishing jacket

2. Scotts Damper

3. YZ seat, Clark tank, shrouds and graphics

What do you think?

Thanks!

JJ

I would say the seat and tank. The improvement in cornering is awesome.

The dampner is also good for reducing arm pump.

Tough decision.......Good Luck!

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

Well the gortex fly fishing jacket is out the window, but If I had my option Id go for the dampner. I think it makes riding easier than the seat tank combo. PLUS YOU GET TO SPEND MORE MONEY! :)

------------------

Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

Easy decision for me.

Scotts Damper!

Before I got mine, I got TERRIBLE arm pump at Rampart. Lots of BIG whoops. It's like riding the whooped part of an MX track for miles and miles. I had to stop every 15 or 20 minutes and I had cronic elbow pain. After I got the damper, no more arm pump EVER.

But I'm tall and don't think the YZ seat tank would benefit me much anyway. I can barely get all the way up on the stock seat. When I do, my knee that is still on the peg is all jammed up.

So, I guess it depends on what kind of terrain you ride, whether or not you get arm pump, and whether or not you feel you can't turn the bike with the stock seat and tank.

My moto: Increased fun factor is priority #1. The damper greatly increases the fun factor of riding by reducing the pain.

Bryan...

JJ.

Don't listen to Kevin. He's from the east and just trying to be a rebel :)

Damper Damper Damper!

Did I mention I got satalite for the TV too? With DirectTv. Now I can call Dougie at work and bitch about the reception!

Bryan...

How about down-link satellite internet access? With that and a laptop you'll be set.

Don't listen to those Colorado guys. Didn't you hear they get a kickback from Scotts on every dampner that is sold through this websight?? :)

------------------

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitchy & Bill?!!

Ha!

It does sound that way doesn't it Kevin? :)

I feel like such a slime ball.

Truth be told: A friend that I ride with, KerryT, doesn't have a damper and he gets horific arm pump during every ride. I keep telling him to drop the $400 and fix the problem but he doesn't believe me either. He thinks I get a kickback from Scotts too I'm sure.

Bryan...

JJ,

I've got the YZ seat/tank - get the dampener , I'm going to. The dampener will benefit ALL riding conditions, the seat/tank combo is more selective to your riding style & terrain.

Brian

Never tried the dampener , but I rode my bike for the first time with the yz tank and seat Sunday. LOVE IT!! My vote = seat/tank combo.

------------------

99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Twin Air filter,E-Series,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,front and rear lights removed,YZ tank and seat,13 tooth sprocket, Still doesn't make me a very good rider.

I've got the seat/tank. I stand a lot so I'm not seeing a big difference in handling. I will say that the IMS seat is mucho more comfortable than stock. As I don't have the dampner that's what I think you should get. Then you can tell all of us without how we need one too. :-)

It's a conspiracy, a conspiracy I tell you!! I can see another civil war unleashing over this dampener thing!

One thing I have found in life when it comes to women/wives: It is easier to get forgiveness than permission...

JJ,

Dampers are for wide open more, if you ride medium to tight trails cornering will be more important... Seat and tank!!! Besides, the WR is a stable bike, a CR or RM would be another story.

I had a damper on the last bike, my priority will be YZ seat and tank.

Ok here is were it stands;

wife -1

Damper -4

Seat -3

Jacket -0 (if any votes for this one Bryan said he was going to kick you off the site)

I gotta say I'm gonna keep the wife, besides she rides! Although, if did ditch her I would get lots of exercise for my HANDS and GRIP, Kevin!

I always see the silver lining!

Brian Meadows had a good point "the damper will benifit ALL riding conditions, the seat/tank combo is more selective to your riding style & terrain." Very true, like Bill said if you stand alot you wont even feel the tank and seat!

I had a friend tell me also, "You've got a seat and tank already, get the damper!"

I think I'm leaning toward the damper!

JJ

Oh good point James! You ride the same terrain I do, an aweful lot of tight technical stuff. Some wide open too...AH SH**!