HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ga426owner

Rim lock sizing question

7 posts in this topic

Folks please tell me what size rim locks our bikes use? Front and rear?

Front

Rear

Also in the parts catalog - yami

Are spacer beads another name for Rim locks?:rant:

It should be 1.60 and 2.15. It should also have those numbers stamped on the rim somewhere.

As for nomenclature, the big round cover with 8 screws in it that says Yamaha on the right side of the engine just in front of the kick starter is called a "generator cover" in the catalog. :excuseme::smirk:

It should be 1.60 and 2.15. It should also have those numbers stamped on the rim somewhere.

As for nomenclature, the big round cover with 8 screws in it that says Yamaha on the right side of the engine just in front of the kick starter is called a "generator cover" in the catalog. :excuseme::smirk:

GreyRacer, I know I set myself up for that one...:blah:

Remember I am from the South....our schooling ain't that great:banghead:

seriously in the parts catalog under front wheel

#10 part number 5SF-25394-00 spacer bead ....is this a rim lock, picture is too vague

Rear Wheel

#13 part # 3JE-25394-00 same thing....

tell me if I am :crazy:, I already know my braincell count is at its lowest....:excuseme:

Grab some rim lock spacers too(they're cheap, a few bucks), designed to save your rim from cracking.

Those numbers look right to me, Dave.

In regards to Southern Schooling, I now the public (say Government) schools in California are worse because I can see the kind of jackasses the graduates vote for. :cheers: Besides our schools cost more than yours. :p

Grab some rim lock spacers too(they're cheap, a few bucks), designed to save your rim from cracking.

yep done - thx Ben

Those numbers look right to me, Dave.

In regards to Southern Schooling, I now the public (say Government) schools in California are worse because I can see the kind of jackasses the graduates vote for. :cheers: Besides our schools cost more than yours. :p

yea unfortunately that is a national epidemic......and will peak during the 2008 Presidential Elections:foul:

Well no wonder....look what they teach in Govt schools:banghead: