devol rad guard install?

hey guys...

wondering any of you guys have put in your own devol rad guards...

I just got mine and went to put them on my 06 yz450 and they don't seem to fit like I thought they would.

I could have sworn that my buddies Devol's on his crf450 fit tight up against the rads, but this isn't the case at all with mine.

According to the brackets they would be floating about an inch ahead of the rads on my bike, and only securely fastened at the frame on the rad mounting locations...

does anybody have pics of their devols? or does this sound right or wrong to anybody else?

thanks for the help!

After recieving and attempting to install my devol rad guards I promtly sent them back and bought WC rad cages. Better product IMHO. Also hear that unabikers are the shiznit but was concerned regarding airflow.

finally got em'!

looking good!

n718150709_886663_1016.jpg

I was thinking of getting those same radiator guards. What was the problem you ran into during install?:excuseme:

the biggest problem i had was that the explanations for installing the guards were very vague. i thought that there would have been more to the install, but basically they only mount to the same mounts on the frame that the rads do. so the only thing holding these guys in place is two 8mm bolts on the frame and an 8mm bolt that attaches the shrouds to them... I just was trying to over complicate the install i guess.

another thing is that all of the mounting is very tight and you need TONS of patience when trying to line everything up.

but they turned out awesome and they seem super strong... i can't even come close to wiggling them even a bit... compared to grabbing a stock rad and moving it all over the place!

hey guys...

[...]

According to the brackets they would be floating about an inch ahead of the rads on my bike, and only securely fastened at the frame on the rad mounting locations...

does anybody have pics of their devols? or does this sound right or wrong to anybody else?

thanks for the help!

That is a rather accurate description of how they look when installed. I'm not 100% happy with the quality of the product but I got mine SUPER cheap.

the biggest problem i had was that the explanations for installing the guards were very vague. i thought that there would have been more to the install, but basically they only mount to the same mounts on the frame that the rads do. so the only thing holding these guys in place is two 8mm bolts on the frame and an 8mm bolt that attaches the shrouds to them... I just was trying to over complicate the install i guess.

another thing is that all of the mounting is very tight and you need TONS of patience when trying to line everything up.

but they turned out awesome and they seem super strong... i can't even come close to wiggling them even a bit... compared to grabbing a stock rad and moving it all over the place!

Cool, thanks! I'm going to get some, not sure what brand yrt. Yours looks good though.:thumbsup: