steering cone nut size?

hi guys!

does anyone know the nut size of the steering cone nutis it 31mm? I need to grease it on this weekend.

Thank guys! :)

Shes a 30mm Henry.. just did mine this mornig.. NO **** !! :)

I now have MORE bearings to replace.. races are evenly marked and the bearings are a little rough.

I though about putting a nipple in the headset but the cavity there is large enough to hold about 1# (0.5kg ish) of grease!

Want to loose weight .. not gain it!!

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing

hi there!!

thank for your reply.

I will be greasing this weekend!

thank alot !! :)

Matt, Youre right. It is a fairly large cavity but its not enough grease to make a difference. Trust me, you will never know its in there.

------------------

Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

Originally posted by milkman2544:

Matt, Youre right. It is a fairly large cavity but its not enough grease to make a difference. Trust me, you will never know its in there.

Yes I will!!!

Just 'knowing' its there will mae the bike HEAPS heavier!! :)

I'm just ging to have to lube they a little more often...

------------------

--

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing

If you enjoy taking your bike apart to grease, dont let me stop you. :)

------------------

Saving 1 pound (of added weight) from not having the steering stem full of grease and taking the bike to bits to lube the bearings is cheaper than spending ALOT of cash on carbon fibre etc to loose a pound and make you bike the weight it was before the grease nipple!! :D

Would rather spend the money on carbon fibe etc and have a bike thats 1# lighter than it is now.. (but have to pull it to bits!) :)

I depends on what you're after..... grease nipples are a GREAT idea..

Yamaha have holes in the center of all the linkage bolts and holes in the sleeves.... but no hole in the side of the bolt to let grease from inside the bolt onto the sleeve and the bearing.

The bolts are hardened which makes drilling the hole on the side ALOT harder.. possibly have to use an air-arc system to do it..

------------------

--

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing

I guess I have to keep in mind that I used to ride a 95 XR600. And my WR feels like a 125 compared to that thing.

------------------