HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joer

Normal Operating Oil Temperature for XR650L

3 posts in this topic

What is your normal operating temperature for a XR650L? Stock or Mods? Does changing the tank effect the oil temperature? Does it really need an oil cooler? Does Dave's Mod's effect the oil temp?:excuseme:

Thanks.

What is your normal operating temperature for a XR650L? Stock or Mods? Does changing the tank effect the oil temperature? Does it really need an oil cooler? Does Dave's Mod's effect the oil temp?:excuseme:

Thanks.

during summer on hiway 250- 260. winter hiway 240 -250. dirt summer 250 - 280. im running fcr 41 pumper, e2 series slip on, no tank shroud. a tank change wont affect much. i do run maybe 5 deg. hotter with out the shrouds. i can live with that. i am really considering doing a xr400 oil cooler especially when i cam and hi-comp piston the bike. when you rejet with daves mods it will be richer, running better and will run cooler.

and do a search in here for oil temp you will come up with a million posts on oil coolers and temp.:blah: