Oh no, another new member...

So where are your shopping for one thesurferfightsalone ?

The boss of a friend is trying to clean out his garage quickly before he gets a new house. I think I may be able to capitalize on it. Do you have something else I should look at? Pennsylvania isn't too far from CT.

The boss of a friend is trying to clean out his garage quickly before he gets a new house. I think I may be able to capitalize on it. Do you have something else I should look at? Pennsylvania isn't too far from CT.

Put it this way ....... I just shopped/bought mine about a month ago and looked on ebay and www.craigslist.com for ones with in 500 miles of me and must of came across at LEAST 25-40....... 93 - 07's.

Why I had such a large broad diameter range of looking is because I wanted a white for sure and there are not near as many of them as the red ones.

The XRL's are everywhere if you really start looking, so don't feel your bosses is the only one around! :thumbsup:

What year, shape, miles, $$ is on the one your looking at? Might as well do a seperate posting (pic's mean a whole lot!!) asking just that, if it's worth it, although maybe your well accustomed to the value of them?

Heck, just writing XR650L on google usually gives me at least 5 machines at any given time.

I did find mine on craigslist though, traveled 400 miles one way to get it, was well worth it to me :thumbsup:

Put it this way ....... I just shopped/bought mine about a month ago and looked on ebay and www.craigslist.com for ones with in 500 miles of me and must of came across at LEAST 25-40....... 93 - 07's.

Why I had such a large broad diameter range of looking is because I wanted a white for sure and there are not near as many of them as the red ones.

The XRL's are everywhere if you really start looking, so don't feel your bosses is the only one around! :thumbsup:

What year, shape, miles, $$ is on the one your looking at? Might as well do a seperate posting (pic's mean a whole lot!!) asking just that, if it's worth it, although maybe your well accustomed to the value of them?

Heck, just writing XR650L on google usually gives me at least 5 machines at any given time.

I did find mine on craigslist though, traveled 400 miles one way to get it, was well worth it to me :thumbsup:

It is a 2003 with about 3500 miles on it (he's an older gentleman, so I suspect it hasn't been terribly abused), it has seen almost only road use, the tires are a little spent but that doesn't worry me too much. On a first (brief) ride I found it was a little top heavy but it was still very comfortable. We haven't agreed on a price because I have yet to commit to buying, but he mentioned something in the range of about $3000 or so. I'm still searching for better deals. I'd really like to find one with supermoto bits already but haven't had luck in that yet. I'm in no huge rush, so I'll keep checking around. Thanks for the advice!

Me too, that will take me a week to read.

The best part about that whole thing was, my post said "Its the best bike for what I'm doing, right now." It was all about picking the right bike for your needs, and somehow that unleashed the furies...

Dave