HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
02YZ426

WR450 Stock Pipe OR FMF Q4???

8 posts in this topic

I have a YZ450 and need to get a quiet exhaust on it. Would a WR450 stock pipe be quieter than the new FMF Q4?? They claim 93db on the FMF, what would the WR pipe run? Thanks :ride:

Usually under 90db all choked up, but kiss your power good bye.

You might be able to do a swap with someone here if you are lucky!

Usually under 90db all choked up, but kiss your power good bye.

You might be able to do a swap with someone here if you are lucky!

I don't mind a power loss.. The 450 has some to spare! I just need it quiet for some of the private tracks I ride at. I'll just be putting the stocker back on for race days. If anyone has a stock WR pipe for an 07 they would part with shoot me a pm, thanks

I don't mind a power loss.. The 450 has some to spare! I just need it quiet for some of the private tracks I ride at. I'll just be putting the stocker back on for race days. If anyone has a stock WR pipe for an 07 they would part with shoot me a pm, thanks

I have both the stock pipe and an FMF Factory 4. In the stock pipe, I put the PMB insert which opened it up a little, but not too much. I ride enduros and do some desert races so I am checked for sound all the time. The stock pipe usually blows 93-94db, which is very reasonable.

I have the 96db insert for the factory 4 and it normally blows 96-97, which is within the margin of error. It takes me less than 5 mins to changes pipes. Its easy.

I have both the stock pipe and an FMF Factory 4. In the stock pipe, I put the PMB insert which opened it up a little, but not too much. I ride enduros and do some desert races so I am checked for sound all the time. The stock pipe usually blows 93-94db, which is very reasonable.

I have the 96db insert for the factory 4 and it normally blows 96-97, which is within the margin of error. It takes me less than 5 mins to changes pipes. Its easy.

So would the stock WR pipe need the PMB insert? And doesn't the Q4 already have the quiet insert in it?

I have a YZ450 and need to get a quiet exhaust on it. Would a WR450 stock pipe be quieter than the new FMF Q4?? They claim 93db on the FMF, what would the WR pipe run? Thanks :ride:

Dont know but , Ill sell you my new 07 stock pipe for 100 bucks. Bob

So would the stock WR pipe need the PMB insert? And doesn't the Q4 already have the quiet insert in it?

Yes, the stock pipe needs the PMB insert. It opens up the exhaust more to let the bike breathe better. I doubt the Q4 will be quieter than the stock with PMB insert though. The Q4 already is setup for quiet sound. However, you should notice more power and significantly better throttle response with the Q4.

My stock pipe with pmb insert is pretty quiet and makes good power. I do have to twist the throttle just a little more though. Low end and mid response is a lot better with my FMF. But the stock bike has never run out of power with the stock pipe.

1 person likes this

I run the FMF PowercoreIV and also run the FMF quiet core insert, it was measured at 93 DB and sounds great. Good power too. Without the core insert, this muffler is closer to about 100-102 DB