Loud pipes save lives....

the only people that hear you with a loud pipe are the people behind you.

You're NEVER heard a bike coming? Only only her it after it passes, right?

Right....................................:bonk:

You guys that can't split traffic and traffic stops, you are sitting in a hole, at it least it looks that way to the guy that just wants to move into another lane and bam your hit. In big city traffic it's just crazy to be stopped. I know the rest of the country does it every day but, we here in California just keep on moving and loud pipes make a big difference in that kind of ridding. This coming from someone that has a very quiet bike.

Everyone is missing hte reason why lane splitting really is meant for - Imagine an air cooled bike, sitting in 110 degree California summer weather in Bumper to Bumper, the kid of traffic that takes you 1 hour to go 5 miles. Overheats due to not moving. Now you have a stalled bike in the middle of a n intersection, or better yet on a bridge. Makes no sense right?

See if people understand the real reason, they can stop bitching about how lazy we are and how we think we are soooo priviledged we can take whatever lane we want. There's a good reason why we split beyone saving time and not being sandwiched between 2 cars, although those are great reaons to me too. :thumbsup:

For the original question my 600r with a FMF PC4 is way quieter than my friend's ktm with an akroprovic. So it is a good medium for street guys, plus FMF sells a quiet insert if you find it too loud. I recommend it with a good rejet!

( Everyone knows that if you have a very loud Harley, you don't need a helmet because everyone will hear you, it's real simple)

I really hope you are joking with that comment :ride:

I really hope you are joking with that comment :ride:

Yeah it's called sarcasm, the bottom line is, those who choose to be seen or heard.... will be, those who don't well they won't..... You make the choice, a fightable, pointless DB ticket from a highway cop who I can guarantee does not have a DB gun on him, ever on the street, or increase your chances of getting hit by an unaware car,truck,van, woman on a cellphone, etc by having a quiet bike..........................EARPLUGS WORK REALLY GOOD...................:thumbsup:

I don't mind loud street bikes so much as I do loud dirt bikes. At least the loud street bikes don't cause us to lose riding areas. Only real beef I have with the loud street bikes, is when they wake up the entire neighborhood at 3:00 a.m. on a weeknight to go get a pack of cigarettes with the straight piped Harley...that's just not right.

Yeah it's called sarcasm, the bottom line is, those who choose to be seen or heard.... will be, those who don't well they won't..... You make the choice, a fightable, pointless DB ticket from a highway cop who I can guarantee does not have a DB gun on him, ever on the street, or increase your chances of getting hit by an unaware car,truck,van, woman on a cellphone, etc by having a quiet bike..........................EARPLUGS WORK REALLY GOOD...................:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I don't mind loud street bikes so much as I do loud dirt bikes. At least the loud street bikes don't cause us to lose riding areas. Only real beef I have with the loud street bikes, is when they wake up the entire neighborhood at 3:00 a.m. on a weeknight to go get a pack of cigarettes with the straight piped Harley...that's just not right.

i dont see any one in this forum doing that! i think we all have a mutual respect for others nearby.

I know it's a old post but I didn't see any mention about deer (unless I missed it) hear in SE Iowa and going to work at 9:30pm til 5:30am I see at least 2 deer a trip to 10 plus at times, my V65 is quiet and it seems that you end up surprising the deer and they never know which way to go at the last minute!! my old DR w/ the White brtohers was very loud, you would see deer move away from the rd most times way ahead of you....just my experiences from my yeras of riding.....

Edited by Strudy68
I know it's a old post but I didn't see any mention about deer (unless I missed it) hear in SE Iowa and going to work at 9:30pm til 5:30am I see at least 2 deer a trip to 10 plus at times, my V65 is quiet and it seems that you end up surprising the deer and they never know which way to go at the last minute!! my old DR w/ the White brtohers was very loud, you would see deer move away from the rd most times way ahead of you....just my experiences from my yeras of riding.....

You could try a Deer Whistle. They're little whistles (only audible to animals) that you stick to your car/bike somewhere where they'll be able to get airflow. Their effectiveness is debatable, but ... I drove my bike across Canada (4000+ miles) with one of them on the front fender and didn't have one single deer try to run across the road in front of me. You can get a set of them for $10 or $15 (maybe even cheaper) at just about any auto parts store.

You could try a Deer Whistle. They're little whistles (only audible to animals) that you stick to your car/bike somewhere where they'll be able to get airflow. Their effectiveness is debatable, but ... I drove my bike across Canada (4000+ miles) with one of them on the front fender and didn't have one single deer try to run across the road in front of me. You can get a set of them for $10 or $15 (maybe even cheaper) at just about any auto parts store.

I ride the back country roads at night and the deer are everywhere, I've had some very close calls, scared the holy bejezzus out of me.

I'm going to have to look into them deer whistles.:banana:

I like my loud pipe! Guess its a piece of mind thing. In the woods on the street......I just dont care! Sure I can hear it now " your the reason our sport is getting a bad name":blah: :banana::lol: !

By the way, do Daves Mods, re-jet, and throw on a loud ass pipe! Be SAFE and ride SAFE!:banana:

I could give a rats ass about giving our sport a bad name, what i do care about is short sighted ingorant dolts with the me me me mentality thet piss off the soccer moms and non riders and get laws passed limiting all of our rights as bikers. My state was planning on passing legislation restricting DB levels on ALL street bikes due to selfish A-hole HD riders with straight pipes. luckly it was shot down but had it have passed its there braindead jack asses who brought it down on all of us bitching and whining about the nazi law makers.