Loud pipes save lives....

How much for the pipe ? Is it the slip on, or head pipes and all ??

slip on, make me a reasonable offer.

I have to disagree. IMO, loud pipes do nothing more that annoy drivers as you pass them. Even with loud pipes, you'll continue to get cut off on the roads, it's something yoiu need to always be prepared for. It doesn't even piss me off anymore because I expect it.

Be alert out there and ride safe!

I'll full heartedly disagree. The days that I drive to work I often hear bikes approaching and give them extra room (Ca we can lane split) especially when it is bumper to bumper and you cant see behind you since the next car is on your butt.

Ive also noticed when I commute on my quiet bike I get cut off alot more and when I have a loud pipe, its just one more cue for people to know I am there.

High-beams, bright helmet, and loud pipes all save lives. The published Hurt report confirms most of this...many moto accidents are because the driver wasnt aware the bike was there.

FMF Powercore IV over here = perfect for street

To day I was driving into the city,and some woman in front of me was text messaging and I know she didn't see me,but she at least heard me at the appropriate time because of the full system I'm running.

the only people that hear you with a loud pipe are the people behind you.

the only people that hear you with a loud pipe are the people behind you.

That's not true. I had an rc51 w/twobros titanium canisters on it and my brother could tell that I was near home 1/4 mile away. No gurgle pop, pop, blahhhhhhh. Just a beautiful sound from an awsome machine. God I miss that bike!

To day I was driving into the city,and some woman in front of me was text messaging and I know she didn't see me,but she at least heard me at the appropriate time because of the full system I'm running.

once again, i'm with ya!

That's not true. I had an rc51 w/twobros titanium canisters on it and my brother could tell that I was near home 1/4 mile away. No gurgle pop, pop, blahhhhhhh. Just a beautiful sound from an awsome machine. God I miss that bike!

im talking about drivers on the road. get in your car have one of your friends with their loud bikes come up from behind you and you probably wont hear them until their right behind or next to you. trust me try it.

im talking about drivers on the road. get in your car have one of your friends with their loud bikes come up from behind you and you probably wont hear them until their right behind or next to you. trust me try it.

I agree. Sure, everyone in every neighborhood you pass gets to hear you rev your bike up and down the street, but that person in the car with the windows up, air on, and radio blaring isn't going to hear anything.

Best plan is to stay out of blind spots in the first place.

Another PC bike rider....ready to let you know how to be safe. Must not of read the rest of the posts.:blah:

There are other states with other rules, like splitting lanes and if I am in the blind spot with a loud pipe I am close enough for them to hear me if I am loud enough to ruin your day in the neighborhood.

If you ride you are ruining someones day. There is always someone that hates bikes. On the street and even more off the street. there is no middle ground. So, I make another someone un-happy, wow, I feel bad.

Another PC bike rider....ready to let you know how to be safe. Must not of read the rest of the posts.:blah:

There are other states with other rules, like splitting lanes and if I am in the blind spot with a loud pipe I am close enough for them to hear me if I am loud enough to ruin your day in the neighborhood.

If you ride you are ruining someones day. There is always someone that hates bikes. On the street and even more off the street. there is no middle ground. So, I make another someone un-happy, wow, I feel bad.

this is the reason i like riding my 650L with the e2 series pipe(with competition tip in it). i guarantee i WILL be heard, and seen ! like BWB says, ride a VESPA and you will piss off a hugger!

Just curious here again, the ones with loud pipes, wear bright colors/helmet too?

Just curious here again, the ones with loud pipes, wear bright colors/helmet too?

Yep! Bright red and silver helmet and jacket.:busted: Quite a change from wearing all black on my Harley.:excuseme:

day before yesterday in suburban traffic i was approaching to overtake a car that was drifting into my lane, driver looked like she was fiddling with a mobile phone. About 20 - 30 yards behind her I blipped the throttle, she looked up and got back in lane.

It works.

This is just one example of many - IMO, blipping the throttle while lane splitting is essential to announce your approach.

Sound travels faster than the speed of the bike so the exhaust sound is going to be heard in front of the bike as well. Unless you're riding faster than the speed of sound, which I've never done...

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, been out of town. I'll have to hold off on the pipe for a bit. My Jeep took a hit and lunched both front wheel brearing, 2 U-joints, and a ball joint this week. Hit a rock in a water crossing that felt like a city bus. Have to try and get it back together by the 18th, I have another run to go to. Think I'm going to put a hitch on it too, and trailer the bike over there with me. Parts chaser !! Someday I'll grow up....... hope it's not soon. Thanks, I'll get back to you and check if you still have it in a few weeks. If not, don't worry about it. Sell it if you can. It all spends the same.

Probably true if I wasn't a motorcyclist since the age of three, but my ear is far to familiar with any motorcycle near my presence. Don't care anyhow as everyone is going to do what they want no matter what is posted on this thread. Hope evryone does well with whatever their personal choice is and I hope no one ever has to experience a car to motorcycle accident. My father still has his scars and skin grafts to remember his accident when someone in a car blind sided him. My choice is to give myself every possible advantage!!!

Probably true if I wasn't a motorcyclist since the age of three, but my ear is far to familiar with any motorcycle near my presence. Don't care anyhow as everyone is going to do what they want no matter what is posted on this thread. Hope evryone does well with whatever their personal choice is and I hope no one ever has to experience a car to motorcycle accident. My father still has his scars and skin grafts to remember his accident when someone in a car blind sided him. My choice is to give myself every possible advantage!!!

that is what is important here, not getting hit! i agree and well said! as long as you have a some type of muffler and not just 4 in. straight tubes, well have at it!

28 yrs on the street and 300,000+ miles on bikes with quiet and loud pipes. I know your question is more about lean jetting but I thought I would weigh in on the sound issue. I do about 30+ mi of BAD traffic a day into a large city and have been doing it for about 21 yrs. I get cut off just as often on my loud Big Gunned XR650L as I do on my quiet VF1100S. Throttle blip or not, cell phones, aggressive driving and attention spans like a goldfish are a big cause of this on the cagers part. Personally, I prefer to pretend I am completely invisible, and EXPECT to get cut off. The cagers never disappoint me in this respect :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: on avg, I get cut off 4-7 times a day just doing my commute. If you want a chance at all, find the largest opening and get there. Better still run a quick bike and get ready to react before problems happen. Crap, I didn't answer your jetting question AT ALL. Keep the rubber down and good luck to you.

Your LOUD PIPES spoil it for the rest of us.

28 yrs on the street and 300,000+ miles on bikes with quiet and loud pipes. I know your question is more about lean jetting but I thought I would weigh in on the sound issue. I do about 30+ mi of BAD traffic a day into a large city and have been doing it for about 21 yrs. I get cut off just as often on my loud Big Gunned XR650L as I do on my quiet VF1100S. Throttle blip or not, cell phones, aggressive driving and attention spans like a goldfish are a big cause of this on the cagers part. Personally, I prefer to pretend I am completely invisible, and EXPECT to get cut off. The cagers never disappoint me in this respect :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: on avg, I get cut off 4-7 times a day just doing my commute. If you want a chance at all, find the largest opening and get there. Better still run a quick bike and get ready to react before problems happen. Crap, I didn't answer your jetting question AT ALL. Keep the rubber down and good luck to you.

cagers? must be any one in a 4 wheeled vehicle. i like it!

Your LOUD PIPES spoil it for the rest of us.

there has to be a happy medium between a stock honda exhaust and open piped harleys. i feel (on my xr650l) a header and a e2 series slip on WITH the spark arrestor tip is a fair compromise between power and db levels. why should we have to lay down and have to stick with stock everything when the "image riders(harley guys)" have all the freedom they want!:excuseme: