HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tbrazil

Is the XR650L seat same for all years?

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking at getting another seat for my 2002 XR650L which I can experiment with. I want to try and modify the foam to make it more comfortable. I don't want to cut up my current seat so I'm looking at getting a second seat.

I see someone selling a seat for a 1994 XL650L. Is the seat mount the same between a 1994 XL and a 2002 XL?

Thx Tim

I'm quite sure from 93 on up they are all the same but not a 100% positive.

:excuseme: You may want to just do the sheep skin method like Jeff did here.

I don't think any amount of customizing the stock seat padding could give you the comfort of this ?

http://www.alaskaleather.com/

seat.jpg

Seats should be the same, do yourself and your backside a favor and get a Corbin. you will never regret it and for me it was the best money I ever spent on my 650L. rode 1400 miles of the TAT this spring and would not have made it on the stock seat. I think I have better control while seated even, because it is wider and you can put some english on

Seats should be the same, do yourself and your backside a favor and get a Corbin. you will never regret it and for me it was the best money I ever spent on my 650L. rode 1400 miles of the TAT this spring and would not have made it on the stock seat. I think I have better control while seated even, because it is wider and you can put some english on

Do you have a good pic of it on the bike, those Corbin's I always thought looked funny on the bike due to the shape but if comfort is your main objective then I guess they must look that way ?

Maybe it was a weird angle I saw it, that's why I ask for a few detailed pic's of it.

I'll get you one, it do look a little on the "funny" side but when I rode the stock seat my butt was feeling pain after an hour so I can handle funny.

dman

This is not mine but it is a Corbin on a 650l

Ebay #250146141213

I got the red sides on mine, looks more factory

I paid $376.00 so if you like the all black one, I would ask how many miles, they break in to YOUR butt in about 1000-1500 miles. so unless the guy only rode it a few or is the same size as you. go for the new one.

dman