Is the XR650L seat same for all years?

I'm looking at getting another seat for my 2002 XR650L which I can experiment with. I want to try and modify the foam to make it more comfortable. I don't want to cut up my current seat so I'm looking at getting a second seat.

I see someone selling a seat for a 1994 XL650L. Is the seat mount the same between a 1994 XL and a 2002 XL?

Thx Tim

I'm quite sure from 93 on up they are all the same but not a 100% positive.

:excuseme: You may want to just do the sheep skin method like Jeff did here.

I don't think any amount of customizing the stock seat padding could give you the comfort of this ?

http://www.alaskaleather.com/

seat.jpg

Seats should be the same, do yourself and your backside a favor and get a Corbin. you will never regret it and for me it was the best money I ever spent on my 650L. rode 1400 miles of the TAT this spring and would not have made it on the stock seat. I think I have better control while seated even, because it is wider and you can put some english on

Seats should be the same, do yourself and your backside a favor and get a Corbin. you will never regret it and for me it was the best money I ever spent on my 650L. rode 1400 miles of the TAT this spring and would not have made it on the stock seat. I think I have better control while seated even, because it is wider and you can put some english on

Do you have a good pic of it on the bike, those Corbin's I always thought looked funny on the bike due to the shape but if comfort is your main objective then I guess they must look that way ?

Maybe it was a weird angle I saw it, that's why I ask for a few detailed pic's of it.

I'll get you one, it do look a little on the "funny" side but when I rode the stock seat my butt was feeling pain after an hour so I can handle funny.

dman

Thanks for the info and ditto on the butt pain after 1 hour of riding - Tim

This is not mine but it is a Corbin on a 650l

Ebay #250146141213

I got the red sides on mine, looks more factory

I paid $376.00 so if you like the all black one, I would ask how many miles, they break in to YOUR butt in about 1000-1500 miles. so unless the guy only rode it a few or is the same size as you. go for the new one.

dman