New 07 XR650L - Woohoo!!!

I will probably not be doing much winter riding, but unfortunately my only storage option is in my shed for the winter. I figure I will at least start and warm it up every week or so during the cold months. Is this ok to do this? Or is it better to winterize it and just let it sit for a few months?

Again, thanks for any help...

Suds

You know, winter riding here in New England isn't that bad. If you dress warm and keep your skin covered (balaclava, full face helmet, gloves etc.) you can ride comfortably. I ride anything over 30*F, commute, local joy riding, whatever. No need to tuck bike away more than a couple weeks at a time only if there's snow.

Just watch out for sand.

I will probably not be doing much winter riding, but unfortunately my only storage option is in my shed for the winter. I figure I will at least start and warm it up every week or so during the cold months. Is this ok to do this? Or is it better to winterize it and just let it sit for a few months?

Again, thanks for any help...

Suds

Unless you plan on warming it up to full operating temperature, its better to just winterize & leave, warming up a bit every week can do more harm than good

Rotella 15-40 here too.

Yup.

Good base stock oil, without a lot of marketing-hype "enhancers".

Good for the 7.3L Navistar, XR's, lawnmower. Buy it by the case, and use it almost everywhere.

For a 2.0L Honda, (and sometimes my dirt-only XR) I use Castrol GTX 20w-50. When my stock of GTX is gone, Rotella can go in the Honda.

"Good stuff, Maynard." :thumbsup: