HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coilcab

XR650R hydraulic clutch

9 posts in this topic

Hi Just wondering if anyone has a Magura hydraulic clutch on there xr650r. Is it worth the effort to fit, do you get a lighter clutch pull, any pics of it fitted would be good.

I was thinking of this too but I just don't use the clutch enough where I live to justify it. Maybe if I rode tighter trails, I would get one. Let us know how well it works if you get one.

I was thinking of this too but I just don't use the clutch enough where I live to justify it. Maybe if I rode tighter trails, I would get one. Let us know how well it works if you get one.

I concur.

The 650R has enough torque that you rarely need to feather the clutch. I rarely touch the clutch on most wide open rides. When you are going to be in the tight stuff just gear it down to 13/48 and it lugs great without stalling.

650L guys might need a lighter clutch pull due to the limp wristed riders though. :smirk:

I concur.

The 650R has enough torque that you rarely need to feather the clutch. I rarely touch the clutch on most wide open rides. When you are going to be in the tight stuff just gear it down to 13/48 and it lugs great without stalling.

650L guys might need a lighter clutch pull due to the limp wristed riders though. :smirk:

oh yeah??:bonk:

I concur.

now that's funny, anyhow, I've got the Magura , it works great, it eased up the pull , but not by any huge margin. No more adjusting the clutch now though...........They are a bit pricey, I'd recommend one if you have the extra $$, just make sure you route the hose properly to avoid a pinch on your Scott's tower if you have one.............

What's with the zip tie? Is it temporary while the motor is torn down or does it stay on for riding?

Not sure about the zip tie but my Magura works great, you eliminate the spring w/ the package (Magura) and have no clutch adjustment, add the Hinson and your are good 2 go........:applause: