HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hillclimb426

help kickstart wont come off 426

5 posts in this topic

im in the process of replacing the water pump and seals on my 426 and the kickstarter wont come off. i have tried pullers lube and everything else i can think of.is there some special trick or tool i need.i just got the bike and i dont think the kickstater has every been off.the bike has sat for the last three months got to ride it once and the weap hole started leaking

yea mate i had the same problem but the echanic managed to split the cases without taking the kickstarter off,

im in the process of replacing the water pump and seals on my 426 and the kickstarter wont come off. i have tried pullers lube and everything else i can think of.is there some special trick or tool i need.i just got the bike and i dont think the kickstater has every been off.the bike has sat for the last three months got to ride it once and the weap hole started leaking

Put your kick-starter bolt back in until snug. Pull your kick-starter out as if you where going to start the bike. Leave the kick-starter out and remove the bolt. The flange of the bolt will make contact with the kick-starter and force the kick-starter off of the shaft as you back the bolt out.