Ridin' in the Snow !

Last Saturday myslef and regular riding buddy ventured off into the mountains that only 6 days before was completley covered in snow. Now this isn't a regular occurance around here, so we were super keen to get out there and roost in it :)

Now was I in for a big shock ! Damn that white stuff is slippery when it's almost a week old, but the worst was the frost bit on the toes when walking around in it. We took some awesome pics, but the bloody cheap **** digital camera stuffed up and I lost them all, time for a new me thinks.

Just curious if anyone else rides in the snow on a regular basis ?

------------------

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>

400 Thumpers Australia</A>

2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

This time of year, yeah, I see snow on my favourite riding trails in B.C. Canada all the time. It is more of an annoyance than a novelty though. Usually stops forward progress at higher elevations. I am trying to breach a few mountain passes and no amount of determination is going to get you much further than the snow line. Riding down it is not such a problem. Note to myself, try again in August!

fershy

I've ridden quite a bit of snow during Oregon winters. Lots of fun at lower elevations when it is only a few inches thick however, beyond this, it just becomes a lot of work. If you ride something like a heavy XR 600 you can plow through. I think the WR/YZF would boil pretty quickly. Also, seal your boots with "Snow Seal". My toes always stayed dry and warm.

Here in CO, we get to ride in the snow quite a bit. I actually enjoy it on a some what warm day.

In the early summer, I will hit the mountains above Idaho Springs CO a couple of times. The snow is just about melted but not enough to make it a crappy experience. I've got some great pics of me and Mike playing in this stuff.

Of course I have been caught in some nasty snow storms in late summer in the mountains when a freak storm sneaks up on you. Can't say those are fun at all.

------------------

Dougie, '99 WR400

Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Originally posted by Dougie:

Here in CO, we get to ride in the snow quite a bit. I actually enjoy it on a some what warm day.

In the early summer, I will hit the mountains above Idaho Springs CO a couple of times. The snow is just about melted but not enough to make it a crappy experience. I've got some great pics of me and Mike playing in this stuff.

Of course I have been caught in some nasty snow storms in late summer in the mountains when a freak storm sneaks up on you. Can't say those are fun at all.

A ride in the snow sucks! During the winter all I do is think about summer.....(I live and ride in Alaska) If anyone has advice on how to make roosting in the snow fun let me in on it; the winters are long here.

------------------

Ya yust gota tape that twisty thing

on the right side of your bar

to the open position. :)

I think it involves a rubber track, two skiis and 1000cc. Every winter I pray for more snow than we get.

------------------

99 YZ400 Stock!!