HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterdirt

running trials tires!

5 posts in this topic

Just last week I switched my rear kobby for a dunlop 803 trials tire. The traction is amazing! I could never power over rocks, roots, and downed trees like I do now! :thumbsup: Just wondering how many of you guys are running them, and what you think?

I thought about using trials tyres as well, can you give us some updates on the wear rate please?

Good luck.Good thinking.

p.s.

Are they road legal?

Yeah, I think they are road legal. There may be a few that aren't DOT approved, but all the advertised ones I've seen are, and I have an old set off a DT175 (vintage) in my back shed. From memory these had better traction than I expected. I thought "man, I'll need to buy some knobbies" (they were on the bike when I got it.) but left them on, went for a ride and was surprised. Give it a go. I might even put these tyres onto my rims and give em a go. Here in some Aussie forums, trail bikers with trials tyres are called poofs, but who gives a sh!t?